September 2021 Baronial Business Meeting

South Downs Baronial Business Meeting

01 September 2021, Time: 1930

Notes submitted by Signora Aelia Bassina, South Downs Chronicler.

Lady Bú Feiyan called the August meeting to order. Our Seneschal, Master Nikoslav Mikolaevich , greeted the populace joining the Zoom meeting. Nikoslav read the Kingdom Anti-Bullying statement.

Officers Reports

Seneschal, (Master Nikoslav Mikolaevich)

  • Nothing big new.
  • All the stuff for Castle Wars has started.
  • Concerning Red Tower, with the new COVID numbers in mind, I will be making an announcement regarding Red Tower. I will have a final announcement on that by Friday. If you have any input, please let me know.
  • There is a survey that was put out by the Kingdom Seneschal regarding being for or against vaccines for events.

Herald (Lady Bú Feiyan)

  • We are looking for people to help at Red Tower and Castle Wars with field and site Heraldry. 
  • Congrats to Ælfric on his Meridian Cross.

Knight Marshal (Lady Mairghread Wilson)

  • Heavy practices started off strong initially; 12-14 fighters.  After the mask mandate was put back in place our numbers have dropped off considerably.
  • Upcoming practice considerations:
    • 9/5/2021 – Dragon Con – poll yes/no to have practice
    • 9/19/2021 – Red Tower – NO PRACTICE ON SUNDAY
    • 10/3/2021 – Gulf Wars – No practice unless Gulf gets canceled or other Marshal coverage
    • 10/10/2021 – Gulf Wars – No practice unless Gulf gets canceled or other Marshal coverage
    • 10/31/2021 – Coronation – No practice unless other Marshal coverage
  • Heavy combat schedule for Red Tower:
    • 0900-1000   Armor Inspection
    • 1000-1200   Red Tower Tourney (Format – Double Elim)
    • 1200-1300   Lunch
    • 1300-1430   Baroness Prize Tourney (Format – TBD)
    • 1500-1630   9-Lives Charity Tourney (Format – William Marshal)
  • Youth Combat:
    • Div I & II have been suspended until further notice due to skyrocketing COVID rates & lack of vaccination availability in these age divisions.  
    • Div III (14-17 yr olds) can resume fighting but will wear a mask the entire time, on and off the field, along with any adults who are authorized to spar with youth

Rapier Marshal (Captain Brendan de Hay)

  • Practices have been happening, Sunday afternoons at Liane Levetan Park in Dunwoody, concurrent with Armored fighter practice.  Numbers are low, but understandably so in the current weather and public health environment.
  • Personally, I’m just finishing up a work project that has completely absorbed my time for the last couple of months, and Raven and I are in the process of moving our residence (still in South Downs).  Please bear with me as I re-emerge, but I am still planning on marshaling at Red Tower.  Look for some rapier-related publicity this week.
  • The Nine Lives Tourney, this year to be held at Red Tower does include a rapier list.  Buy some lives, save some cats!

Live Weapons (Mistress Mara Palmer)

  • Nothing to report.

Reeve (Mistress Alessandra Giovanna Fioravanti & La Onesta Signore Justina di Silvestri)

  • Insurance for castle wars has been paid

Quartermaster (Master Ximon Martillo de Cordoba

  • Isabetta, Bu, and I went to storage several weeks ago and. Went through and culled out the food and supplies that were out of date. Isabetta graciously has worked to update and reorganize the inventory list and both she and I went to storage last week and performed counts and reorganized the shelves that all of the items were stored at and items are now all grouped by function of use. We do have a few more items that we need to account for, but it’s organized well enough. 
  • We did find that most of the gold key clothing was in cardboard boxes and most were not covered. I would like to ask the barony to review the cost of 6 totes to be purchased.  They are $11.98 each. We also need to purchase a new rolling tote for the Baron pavilion. I’ll get the cost of that later.(thought I had that…?) I know this still has to be approved by the financial committee but the Barony should be aware.

Chatelaine (Lord Nikon Dawidowicz)

  • We don’t have much. 
  • The quarterly report is due by the 10th but I’ll have that in plenty of time.

Demo Deputy (Lady Bú Feiyan)

  • I am putting a hold on indoor demos until the COVID situation improves. 
  • I would like to have an outdoor demo at the Westside Pop-up in October. (I will need permission from Barony as it will cost $25)

Arts & Sciences (THL Alisandre de la Chapelle)

  • The quarterly Report has been submitted. 
  • Not much else to report.

Provost (Daegam Soong Myeong-Su)

  • Class this month will be taught with Baroness Emelina with a title TBD
  • We have an opening in October should anyone want to teach next month

Chronicler (Signora Aelia Bassina)

  • Still looking for a deputy. Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Social Media Minister (Lady Isabella Parr

  • Created the Red Tower event. Related pre-reg is required and you now can find the URL link either in the about section or by hitting the tickets button on the event page. 
  • We’ve gotten a spam post within the group. The post was swiftly dealt with by our lovely Baroness so Thank you! 😊 After looking into the poster, It was clearly a fake profile that I kicked from the group. Hopefully, that solves everything. If you notice a spam post please feel free to report it and/ or send me a Facebook message. It really doesn’t matter the hour you message me- I keep odd hours 🙂
  • Also, I’m seeking a deputy

Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer (DEI), (Vidushi Mewadi Margavati Bai & Lily of South Downs)

  • This month we will be having a class because it was highly requested, Bystander Intervention on our usual DEI night. It’s a great class at conflict management. 

Webminister (Lady Zhelana Vovkivna & HE Piers Simmons)

  • Updated Plugins
  • Deleted unused themes 
  • Announced Red Tower pre-reg
  • Updates to Red Tower site

Minister of Children (Lady Una Ulfrdottir)

  • Nothing report

Their Excellencies, (Master Wistric Oftun & Mistress Sunneva de Cleia)

  • Thank you to everybody who participated in the poll about vaccine policy. Results have been posted to the Baronial Facebook group on the post with the link to the poll. Results have also been sent to the SCA president, Seneschal, and BOD.
  • A very similar poll is up on the kingdom Facebook group and Baronial FB group. Please participate in that one as well so that the Kingdom Seneschal can accurately report the views of the entire kingdom to the BOD.
  • Her Majesty recently shared a letter that she sent to the BOD encouraging them to reconsider the policy, and I know some of you have also written to them on the matter recently. Pressure is increasing.
  • If you feel strongly about the SCA’s vaccination policy, however you feel, please write to the president@sca.org and comments@sca.org.
  • However, the next scheduled BOD call isn’t until the same day as Red Tower. So Red Tower, if it goes forward, will be held under the current kingdom rules (see Nik). We understand folks are worried about the risk of transmission under the current rules, and we share your concerns. 
  • We urge everybody to do what is best for the health of yourself and everybody around you, including vaccination, masking, maintaining social distance, hand sanitizer, and, if need be, staying home.

SCA Business

  • Red Tower – Iazzie
    • We’re renting a pavilion and using the space in front of it. The area that we have is small. 
    • The site will open at 8 am. That’s the time the area opens so we can’t open earlier than that. Though, if people arrive early, the gates are normally open.
    • Everything will be pre-reg. You will need to get the parking pass on your own. We do not want to have a til there.
    • There are several areas that could be used for Childrens’ activities and a quiet place if needed.
    • The area where classes would be is very big. There are close restrooms as well as electric outlets.
    • This isn’t a state-run park so annual passes won’t work. This is a county park and you will need to pick up your pass on the way in.
  • Castle Wars – Ximon
    • We are actively looking for people to help out for staff.
    • I have talked to the marshals. We are planning right now but will need a goodly amount of marshals.
    • The plan right now is Their Majesties will hold court after lunch, not after fighting.
    • We are still in the early stages and I want to thank Alisandre for handing out the check so we were able to get insurance.
    • In case we can’t have the event in person, we have started talking about online things. 
    • We are looking at maybe doing a raffle or a silent auction to help play for our storage.

 

The business meeting was closed @ 2008.

The next business meeting will be held on 06 October 2021, 1930, Zoom Meeting.

August 2021 Baronial Business Meeting

South Downs Baronial Business Meeting

04 August 2021, Time: 1931

Notes submitted by Signora Aelia Bassina, South Downs Chronicler.

Lady Bú Feiyan called the August meeting to order. Our Seneschal, Master Nikoslav Mikolaevich , greeted the populace joining the Zoom meeting. Nikoslav read the Kingdom Anti-Bullying statement.

Officers Reports

Seneschal, (Master Nikoslav Mikolaevich)

  • The board is removing a good portion of the restrictions as of August 1st.
  • The kingdom restrictions should be out in the next few days. This is what we will be doing for the foreseeable future.
  • We have one Castle Wars bid. The financial committee has approved it. I will post a link to the bid.
    • Motion approved.

Herald (Lady Bú Feiyan)

  • My quarterly report will be sent this week. 
  • If anyone has done any heraldry things or taught classes, I would love to include these.
  • If you have any classes you would like to see taught, please let me know.

Knight Marshal (Lady Mairghread Wilson)

  • Official Heavy Fighting Practices are up & running 12-3 pm at Liane Levetan Park
  • We will continue operating under Phase 1 guidelines until further notice from Kingdom
  • Reopening guidelines for Phase 1:
    • All Kingdom Guidelines will be adhered to include masks worn for non-vaccinated folks
    • Heavy & Rapier are able to practice on the same day/time, but at opposite ends of the greenspace to limit exposure and count our numbers separately toward the 20 allowable.
    • If we have under 20 combined, will we practice together (numbers include all spectators as well)
    • Heavy & Rapier have been combined onto a pre-registration sign up through Sign Up Genius to help facilitate the limited attendance (link posted to South Downs & Atlanta SCA Fighting Facebook pages as well as the Baronial website for those not on Facebook).  
      • Both fighters and spectators need to sign up in advance.  
      • Pre-reg collects info needed for Kingdom Rosters (mundane name, contact info, blue card info/waiver on site) which have to be submitted w/in 7 days of activity
      • “Walk-ins” will be allowed until capacity is reached.   
        • Walk-ins must fill out their info on a paper roster.  
        • If not signed up in advance you run the risk of being asked to leave.  
        • It is much easier to sign up in advance rather than have to do all that while you are trying to put on armor.
        • If you do not have a blue card, cannot remember your blue card info, or your membership is expired; you will be signing a waiver
    • You must have all your own kit.  Loaner gear will not be available for heavy fighting until a later Phase of reopening.
    • We will provide a water cooler; however, you must provide your own cup/drinking vessel
  • Red Tower
  • Double elimination (single bout; finals best two out of 3) Red Tower Tournament
  • Possibly Baronial prize fights? (Format TBD by their Excellencies)
  • Possibly Diamond Tourney (Single or double elimination depending on time/participants)?
  • NO PRACTICE THAT SUNDAY 19 Sept 2021

Rapier Marshal (Captain Brendan de Hay)

  • See above.

Live Weapons (Mistress Mara Palmer)

  • Nothing to report.

Reeve (Mistress Alessandra Giovanna Fioravanti & La Onesta Signore Justina di Silvestri)

  • The Red tower site deposit has been returned and deposited.

Quartermaster (Master Ximon Martillo de Cordoba

  • This upcoming Saturday is Meridies homecoming hangout.. starting at 7:30. I’ll be holding a room for fighters. Come join if you are interested.
  • We are doing Baronial inventory/straightening up this Saturday. Starting at 8:30 if anyone is interested in toting barges and lifting bales as well as straightening items in boxes.

Chatelaine (Lord Nikon Dawidowicz & Cellach ingen Oengusa)

  • Not a lot of new people expressing interest.
    • Mairghread: There has been a new guy at practice.

Demo Deputy (Lady Bú Feiyan)

  • Our demo on Aug 1st was a success. Westside Pop-up Market seems like a good place to have a stall every few months. 
  • Next demo is Aug 7th on the Eastside. 
  • Please see the Facebook event for details.

Arts & Sciences (THL Alisandre de la Chapelle)

  • We have Arts and we have Sciences. 
  • If anyone did any Arts and/or Sciences please put them in our A&S tracking sheet. It would be lovely to have a big list to pass on to the Kingdom.

Provost (Daegam Soong Myeong-Su)

  • Class this month is Daoist Internal Alchemy with Bu Feiyan! As always, if anyone is interested in teaching a class for the Barony, they are welcome to host a separate workshop or class on another night if that works best for them. Just message me and we can get you on the schedule!

Chronicler (Signora Aelia Bassina)

  • Still looking for a deputy. Please let me know if anyone is interested.
  • Thank you to everyone who sent me their reports. It is very much appreciated!

Social Media Minister (Lady Isabella Parr

  • Made the Red Tower event page. 
  • We got new followers on Instagram, Twitter, and our baronial Facebook page.
    • Engagement on our page is up by 17% for the month. 
  • We have gained a few new members to our baronial group as well.

Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer (DEI), (Vidushi Mewadi Margavati Bai & Lily of South Downs)

  • We had a class on deaf accessibility last month, that was great (but the recording hasn’t been posted yet). 
  • This month we’ll be doing a DEI update session, so I can share all the stuff that’s new since we started this office in 2020.

Webminister (Lady Zhelana Vovkivna & HE Piers Simmons)

  • Created the Red Tower Website
  • Created the Castle Wars Website just waiting for content.
  • Created the MidWinter Website just waiting for content.
  • Added the board of directors announcement concerning reopening On July 3rd
  • Added the south downs fighter practice post from our knight marshal. 
  • Added message from the Kingdom Seneschal about September 1st
  • Added the Bod post about the August 1st suspension of in-person.
  • Updated all of our plugins. 
  • Updated Website to wordpress 5.8

Minister of Children (Lady Una Ulfrdottir)

  • Nothing to report

Their Excellencies, (Master Wistric Oftun & Mistress Sunneva de Cleia)

  • We are super excited to have Red Tower coming. Super Excited to hang out in a field with our friends.
  • We get to have a court, so if you know of anyone that deserves recognition, please let us know. We could use them for Castle Wars as well. 
  • The baronal day shade is in a bin that is falling apart. It’s going to cost $50 + tax. Because of the cost, it’s not something for the financial committee.
  • Midwinter is 6 months out. Please get bids in for that. Make art for it.
  • Can’t wait to see you all!

SCA Business

  • Lily: With the variant and there is new CDC guidance, does that change the policy for events coming up, specifically mask requirements?
    • Nikoslav: A lot of that will be addressed in the kingdom guidance coming out soon.
  • Piers: As everyone knows, I am the deputy Webminister. The Webminister will be coming back, but she has asked for time. If you need anything, please reach out to her and she will let me know.
    • Nikoslav: Thank you for the work you’ve done so far.

The business meeting was closed @ 2031.

The next business meeting will be held on 01 September 2021, 1930, Zoom Meeting.

The SCA Board of Directors further lifts the suspension of in-person activity in North America, effective August 1, 2021, provided adherence to the items in this resolution;

1.         All attendees in North America must follow all national, province, territory, state, and local health guidelines at SCA events. In addition, at all North American SCA events:

a. Kingdoms may continue to require the use of masks at their events as they deem necessary;
b. As research has shown that minimal transmission occurs from food, the serving of feasts, inns, day boards, and buffet-style food is now allowed at the Kingdom’s discretion;
c. Large coolers to dispense water into individual personal containers are now permitted;
d. To facilitate contact tracing, all who attend any SCA-sponsored event in North America (including local meetings, fighter practices, etc.) must be signed in on a roster prior to entering the event; and
e. The following language is required to appear on all event notices, flyers, online announcements, and advertisements, as well as being posted in multiple locations (including gate) at any and all SCA-sponsored functions going forward:
Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to ensure the health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events. By participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to protect your own health and safety and those under your control as you believe to be necessary.

2.         Any Kingdoms that propose any deviation from the above restrictions must request a variance from the Society Seneschal in order to hold the proposed event. The Society Seneschal shall have the authority to grant or deny these requests. These requests will be reviewed by the Board using the same review method used for variances to Corpora; and,

3.         Enforcement of this resolution will be coordinated by the Society Seneschal and President of SCA Inc.

Questions or comments should be sent directly to president@sca.org and seneschal@sca.org, or your Board Ombudsman.

No matter what safety precautions we put in place, there is no substitute for each individual being educated about the risk to themselves and their loved ones and making responsible choices to protect themselves and others from this virus.

Link to document PDF: https://www.sca.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/AugustInPersonActivityResolution.pdf

From the Kingdom Seneschal.

Greetings unto the populace and assembled guests of Meridies. As Their Majesties discussed in Court, there has been much talk about how best to reopen the Kingdom. We know that there is no one solution that will please everyone. There are those among us who would have the Kingdom remain closed, while there are others who would have there be no restrictions at all. Neither of these is feasible. Bearing that in mind, after consultation between Their Majesties, Their Highnesses, and myself, we have reached the following decision.
Beginning September 1, 2021, Meridies will follow the SCA Board of Directors resolution dated May 25, 2021. This announcement takes the place of the Meridian phased reopening plan.
The following requirements apply:
1. All federal, state, provincial, and local health rules and restrictions must be followed. If a local government does not allow gatherings above a certain size, or requires masks, those restrictions must be followed, up to and including further governmental shutdowns.1. Advance registration and payment is STRONGLY encouraged.
2. The following language MUST be posted prominently in multiple places at EVERY practice, meeting, social, and event, and in event notices, flyers, online announcements, and advertisements:
Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to ensure the health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events. By participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to protect your own health and safety and those under your control as you believe to be necessary.
3. A roster must be maintained for EVERY gathering, martial practice, A&S night, meeting, and event. There is a link on the Kingdom webpage to a fillable form, or you may print the form provided and submit to the roster deputy.
4. Advance registration and payment is STRONGLY encouraged.
5. The SCA, including officers and event staff, may not provide shared drinking containers or any food served in buffet, dayboard, or family style. Box lunches that are pre-prepared are acceptable, as are “Gatorade” style water coolers out of which individuals may fill their own individual cups. If an individual or household chooses to offer food to people, they MUST make it clear that they are doing so on their own, not as part of the event.
6. There will be no size caps on events or gatherings, and camping is allowed.
We are a Society whose core foundations are built on the ideals of courtesy, honor, and chivalry. I ask, no, I EXPECT everyone to honor those ideals. Consent is of vital importance as we navigate these waters. Chivalrous, courteous, honorable individuals do whatever is necessary to make those around them feel safer and more comfortable, whether it is wearing masks, asking for hugs, or maintaining a safe distance when asked.
I remain, as always, in Service to Meridies
Zayn al-Munajjima, called Mittens
Seneschal

South Downs Fighter Practice

For your convenience South Downs has combined the heavy and rapier sign up onto one platform. Here is the link to sign up for either. If our combined numbers stay under 20 we will combine our practices. If not, we will break out and split the field to practice at opposite ends of the greenspace to maintain Kingdom distance requirements. Sign up includes fighters as well as all spectators.

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4da8a72faafac70-south

July 2021 Baronial Business Meeting

South Downs Baronial Business Meeting

07 July 2021, Time: 1932

Notes submitted by Signora Aelia Bassina, South Downs Chronicler.

Lady Bú Feiyan called the May meeting to order. Our Seneschal, Master Nikoslav Mikolaevich , greeted the populace joining the Zoom meeting. Nikoslav read the Kingdom Anti-Bullying statement.

Officers Reports

Seneschal, (Master Nikoslav Mikolaevich)

  • Red Tower
    • Pre-reg only. However, things are changing each week so we may have pay at the door.
    • Bid passed

Herald (Lady Bú Feiyan)

  • The 2021 Virtual Known World Heraldic and Scribal Symposium coming up July 9-11, 2021

Knight Marshal (Lady Mairghread Wilson)

  • Official Heavy Fighting Practice will reopen 18 July from 12-3 pm at Liane Levetan Park
  • Reopening guidelines for Phase 1:
    • All Kingdom Guidelines will be adhered to include masks worn for non-vaccinated folks
    • Heavy & Rapier are able to practice on the same day/time, but at opposite ends of the greenspace to limit exposure and count our numbers separately toward the 20 allowable.
    • Heavy will be using a pre-registration sign up through Sign Up Genius to help facilitate the limited attendance (to be sent out after the meeting).  
      • Both fighters and spectators need to sign up in advance.  
      • Pre-reg collects info needed for Kingdom Rosters (mundane name, contact info, blue card info/waiver on site) which have to be submitted w/in 7 days of activity
      • “Walk-ins” will be allowed until capacity is reached.   
        • Walk-ins must fill out their info on a paper roster.  
        • If not signed up in advance you run the risk of being asked to leave.  
    • You must have all your own kit.  Loaner gear will not be available for heavy fighting until a later Phase of reopening.
    • We plan to conduct armor/weapon inspections at fighter practices for a several weeks to make sure everyone’s kits are in order 
    • You will be responsible for your own hydration

Rapier Marshal (Captain Brendan de Hay)

  • Per postings on the various relevant Facebook groups:  With our entry to Phase 1 of re-opening, I plan to start rapier practices this coming Sunday, 7/11, at noon, at Liane Levetan/Brook Run Park I Dunwoody.
  • Per current regulations, policies, and very prudent precautions, we are limited to 20 participants, and we must keep an attendance roster in case there is a need for contact tracing. Therefore, pre-registration is required.  Sign up is via a Google form, link is in my previous fb posts.
  • Feel free to contact me with questions, fb Messenger or email (rm.southdowns@meridies.org).
  • Royal University of Meridies is coming up, 7/16-18.  Please join us online.  If my day is shaping up as expected, I’m in a RUM organizational meeting as this report is being delivered, and I promise to post anything relevant as soon as I can.

Live Weapons (Mistress Mara Palmer)

  • Unlike rapier and heavy, live weapons is combined with Owl’s Nest.
  • Per HM, Live Weapons can’t resume until Phase 2.
    • It’s a moot point until we have new target stands. 
    • 3 target stands will be about $100

Reeve (La Onesta Signore Justina di Silvestri)

  • Quarterly bill for storage unit is paid.

Quartermaster (Master Ximon Martillo de Cordoba

  • I have decided to delay inventory until early August and will contact people that I feel need to be at that inventory

Chatelaine (Lord Nikon Dawidowicz & Cellach ingen Oengusa)

  • Prince Wulfstan is looking to make recruiting videos (starting with twenty-somethings, I think) if anyone wants to get involved
  • Spoke about recruitment with Wistric last week.

Demo Deputy (Lady Bú Feiyan)

  • I have not heard back from any of my contacts.
  • If anyone has any ideas where we can do demos, please send them to me.
    • Especially in a place with a minority presence.

Arts & Sciences (THL Alisandre de la Chapelle)

  • There will be a sew-a-long for a rectangular tunic/shift using the seamstrue custom pattern generator starting in a week or two details will be on the FB group as they unfold
  • I’d also like to plan a FineFabrics field trip for this weekend.  What are the parameters we need to follow? Max 20, must have a roster of who was there but we don’t have to pre reg?

Provost (Daegam Soong Myeong-Su)

  • Class this month will be Constructive Criticism and A&S Feedback with Acharya Mewadi Margavati Bai. 
  • I’m always looking for alternative classes for the barony, so please feel free to reach out to me if you have a class or workshop that you’d like to teach and we can schedule something. Doesn’t have to always be on class nights if anyone wants to host a workshop on the weekend or a longer class.

Chronicler (Signora Aelia Bassina)

  • I will be working on the next Newsletter and should have it out soon.
  • Still looking for a deputy. Please let me know if anyone is interested.
  • Thank you to everyone who sent me their reports. It is very much appreciated!

Social Media Minister (Lady Isabella Parr

  • We have social media ( aka nothing to report)

Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer (DEI), (Vidushi Mewadi Margavati Bai & Lily of South Downs)

  • We’re having a DEI class this month, but Lily and I are still working out the details. We will announce the topic ASAP!

Webminister (Lady Zhelana Vovkivna & HE Piers Simmons)

  • Updated all of the plugins on the site
  • Added the covid-19 reopening plan with new guidance from his majesty.
  • Posted kingdom Senschal’s message about COVID reopening. 
  • Added the board of directors announcement concerning reopening 
  • Created a baronal progress page and added the events their excellencies plan to go to.

Minister of Children (Lady Una Ulfrdottir)

  • Nothing to report

Their Excellencies, (Master Wistric Oftun & Mistress Sunneva de Cleia)

  • We miss you guys!

SCA Business

  • Lady Mairghread Wilson
    • Bu had talked about doing signs. I’m not sure what signs she was talking about. 
      • Laser etched on wood, something permanent.
    • Did we get a bid for Castle Wars?
      • Yes, it will be passed to the financial committee.
      • Pre-reg only.
      • Ximon: We are planning on having it at McIntosh. We’re going to keep the same time format. A couple of things we are going to try to do, we have an idea for a scenario for a war. 

The business meeting was closed @ 2107.

The next business meeting will be held on 04 August 2021, 1930, Zoom Meeting.

Board of Directors Announcement Concerning Reopening – must be posted at every in-person activity!

Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to try to ensure the health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events.  By participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks.  You agree to take any additioanl steps to protect your own health and safety and those under your control as you believe to be necessary.

Relaying this from Kingdom Seneschal.

Good evening, everyone. As promised, below is a list of what has to happen now that the Kingdom has moved as a whole to Phase 1. Please read and acknowledge, and let me know if you have any questions. Please share with your marshallate, A&S officers, and whoever you think might need the information.
1. As per BoD requirements, all groups MUST collect a roster, which shall include a persons mundane name and means of contact AT A MINIMUM, for EVERY local fighter practice, business meeting, A&S night, and social. This roster shall be entered into the Google form maintained on the Kingdom website (HisRH will be testing this out this week, and we hope to go live by the weekend) within 7 days of each gathering. There is a 20 person limit on each gathering. If gatherings are held concurrently, a physical space must be maintained between the gatherings. Link to the roster form on Google is here: https://meridies.org/roster-submissions/ – how you choose to do this is up to you. You can have everyone sign in with the information on the form on a piece of paper, and have someone designated to enter it on the website, or you can have everyone who attends the gathering fill out the roster on their phones, or you can do it on a laptop. It doesn’t matter, what matters is compliance.
2. Local shall be defined as a metropolitan statistical area. Even though there may be more than one local group in a MSA, meetings/practices/gatherings shall adhere to the 20 person limit. A list of MSA’s can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/…/List_of_metropolitan…
3. Permission need not be secured for local gatherings every time such a gathering happens. To require this will encourage noncompliance.
4. Unvaccinated persons must wear a mask. We are on the honor system, and there can be no asking or requiring of vaccination status. There can also be no SCA sponsored sales or giveaways of “I’m vaccinated” tokens of any sort.
5. There will be no buffet style or family style food, period. There will be no shared water containers, but a 5/10 gallon “Gatorade” cooler that is prefilled and which remains sealed is acceptable (for now – this may change after the July BoD meeting). If a person brings (for example) cookies to share, those who partake do so at their own risk, and any such sharing CANNOT be sponsored by the SCA or any of its groups, branches, or disciplines.
6. The following signage MUST BE POSTED at EVERY gathering, practice, meeting, etc. This is a BoD requirement.
Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to try to ensure the health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events. By participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to protect your own health and safety and those under your control as you believe to be necessary.
7. Groups need to be thinking ahead making plans for events that might happen after August 1. As KSen, I am prepared to grant limited variances to distance requirements in order for the Kingdom to get back on a “normal” schedule.
If you have any questions, you know where to find me 🙂
I remain, as always, in Service to Meridies.
Zayn al-Munajjima, called Mittens
Seneschal

COVID-19 Reopening Plan with new guidance

Greetings Meridies,
Since the country is slowly advancing from the pandemic and most (if not all) of the kingdom’s states opened in full, We believe, in the kingdom’s best interest, that the time has come to update the COVID-19 Reopening Plan with new guidance that will allow local groups to plan their activities with greater overall confidence.
After serious consideration and discussion, We are pleased to announce, beginning July 1, 2021, the entire Kingdom of Meridies will no longer operate under Phase 0 of the Reopening Plan. All groups will automatically proceed to Phase 1. This means that all Meridian local groups no longer need to track their counties’ COVID statistics. Gatherings of local groups, limited to twenty people, may resume for in person, daytrip activities.
Even as the outlook is bright, We are well aware that the Delta variant may still have a significant impact on our population. Furthermore, the upcoming holiday weekend may produce an unwanted spike in infection rates. Therefore, Meridies will remain in Phase 1 while We continue to closely monitor the variant to see if it proves to be a significant hazard. If so, We will meet again to strategize the most prudent steps to help manage the Kingdom to fully open. However, if vaccines prove effective against the various strains and the rate continues on a downward trajectory, We will once again consider adjusting all COVID restrictions.
We heard you, Meridies, and your frustrations in planning local activities and events beyond July. If all goes well, We will consider the following tentative plan effective August 1, 2021.
•Phase 2 new target rate will be 0.4 (increased from 0.3).
•Phase 3 new target rate will be 0.3 (increased from 0.2).
•Attendance may increase to 150 in Phase 3.
•Phase 4 new target rate will be 0.2 (increased from 0.1).
•Because Meridies has a small piece of both Florida and Kentucky, while Meridies operates in Phases 3 and 4, We will measure only the counties of Florida within Meridian borders (not the entire state). Our Kentucky populace members will refer to Tennessee state metrics.
Regardless of the phases, the following will remain in place.
•The mask mandate for unvaccinated members remains.
•All hygiene, safety, and food protocols remain.
•All groups MUST wait for a formal announcement from either the Crown or Our Kingdom Seneschal before advancing with any plans in August or beyond.
•All groups are required to maintain an attendance roster and secure permission for all in-person activities.
As always, in the best interest of the kingdom, this plan is subject to change at any time based on the state of the pandemic.
Yours In Service,
Timothy & Ysmay, King & Queen
Wulfstan & Thorkatla, Prince & Princess
Zayn al-Munajjima (Mittens), Seneschal

Medieval Recreation in Atlanta, GA