Good evening, everyone. As promised, below is a list of what has to happen now that the Kingdom has moved as a whole to Phase 1. Please read and acknowledge, and let me know if you have any questions. Please share with your marshallate, A&S officers, and whoever you think might need the information.
1. As per BoD requirements, all groups MUST collect a roster, which shall include a persons mundane name and means of contact AT A MINIMUM, for EVERY local fighter practice, business meeting, A&S night, and social. This roster shall be entered into the Google form maintained on the Kingdom website (HisRH will be testing this out this week, and we hope to go live by the weekend) within 7 days of each gathering. There is a 20 person limit on each gathering. If gatherings are held concurrently, a physical space must be maintained between the gatherings. Link to the roster form on Google is here: https://meridies.org/roster-submissions/ – how you choose to do this is up to you. You can have everyone sign in with the information on the form on a piece of paper, and have someone designated to enter it on the website, or you can have everyone who attends the gathering fill out the roster on their phones, or you can do it on a laptop. It doesn’t matter, what matters is compliance.
2. Local shall be defined as a metropolitan statistical area. Even though there may be more than one local group in a MSA, meetings/practices/gatherings shall adhere to the 20 person limit. A list of MSA’s can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/…/List_of_metropolitan…
3. Permission need not be secured for local gatherings every time such a gathering happens. To require this will encourage noncompliance.
4. Unvaccinated persons must wear a mask. We are on the honor system, and there can be no asking or requiring of vaccination status. There can also be no SCA sponsored sales or giveaways of “I’m vaccinated” tokens of any sort.
5. There will be no buffet style or family style food, period. There will be no shared water containers, but a 5/10 gallon “Gatorade” cooler that is prefilled and which remains sealed is acceptable (for now – this may change after the July BoD meeting). If a person brings (for example) cookies to share, those who partake do so at their own risk, and any such sharing CANNOT be sponsored by the SCA or any of its groups, branches, or disciplines.
6. The following signage MUST BE POSTED at EVERY gathering, practice, meeting, etc. This is a BoD requirement.
Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to try to ensure the health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events. By participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to protect your own health and safety and those under your control as you believe to be necessary.
7. Groups need to be thinking ahead making plans for events that might happen after August 1. As KSen, I am prepared to grant limited variances to distance requirements in order for the Kingdom to get back on a “normal” schedule.
If you have any questions, you know where to find me
I remain, as always, in Service to Meridies.
Zayn al-Munajjima, called Mittens