South Downs Baronial Business Meeting
05 May 2021, Time: 1933
Notes submitted by Signora Aelia Bassina, South Downs Chronicler.
Lady Bú Feiyan called the May meeting to order. Our Seneschal, THL Juliane de Vivonne, greeted the populace joining the Zoom meeting. Juliane read the Kingdom Anti-Bullying statement.
Herald (Lady Bú Feiyan)
- I know that people have been announced, but I do not have a list.
- I am still looking for a deputy herald.
Knight Marshal (Lady Mairghread Wilson)
- Crown is still accepting letters of intent for June 12th.
- They should be accepting them until the end of the month.
- You would need to fight with a mask.
- Fighters, consorts, and event staff only.
- Please keep in mind our opening policy. We are still a long way off from reopening. They are looking at possibly reevaluating the requirements.
Rapier Marshal (Captain Brendan de Hay)
- Same as above.
- Neither the BOD nor the Kingdom are looking at vaccinations as a factor in reopening.
- As vaccination rates get higher, we should see a dramatic drop in new cases.
Live Weapons (Mistress Mara Palmer)
- This month I have something to say!
- We retrieved the archery stuff.
- The target stands were already <insert unhappy noise here>
- At some point, I will be stepping down. My official deputy is not able to step up, but Mathias will step up if the barony wants him.
- I will be at events to help set up.
- We have money.
- I have Justina and we are just waiting for her warrant.
- The storage unit is paid for.
Quartermaster (Master Ximon Martillo de Cordoba)
- We have stuff.
- I have not checked the storage last month.
- Sometime in June I will head over there and take inventory. It will be on a Saturday. I wouldn’t mind some help.
Chatelaine (Lord Nikon Dawidowicz)
- Nothing new to report.
Demo Deputy (Lady Bú Feiyan)
- I am still looking at places.
- I’m slowly planning and my thoughts are going in those directions.
- Conventions are happening this year. Hopefully, next year I can get us tables at those conventions.
Arts & Sciences (THL Alisandre de la Chapelle)
- We have A&S.
- The registration for KA&S is up on the Kingdom FB group and there is a tri-kingdom university happening in June
- I will post the link to the FB event. Good opportunity for both students and teachers
Provost (Daegam Soong Myeong-Su)
- Class this week is by Majda.
- Yay Classes!
- We have a full calendar for the rest of the year.
- I am taking alternates in case someone can’t teach.
Chronicler (Signora Aelia Bassina)
- We have words.
- I am looking for a deputy. If anyone is interested, please let me know.
Social Media Minister (Lady Isabella Parr)
- We have social media.
- The Society Social sent out a recommendation that groups be private but visible.
- We’ve added followers for all our social media.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer (DEI), (Vidushi Mewadi Margavati Bai)
- I just finished taking a DEI in the workplace and I will soon be certified!
- This month, May 19, is SCA on a Budget.
- Updated Ximon’s profile: Added Quartermaster.
- Updated Lucien’s profile: removed Deputy Herald and Quartermaster.
- Updated Isabella Parr: added Social media officer.
- Updated Emelina’s profile: removed Social Media Officer
- Moved the BODs Announcement to the top of the home page.
- Updated the plugins
- Removed THL Lucien d’Artois People of South Downs per his request.
Minister of Children (Lady Una Ulfrdottir)
- We have children but they aren’t doing anything right now.
- Nothing to report
Seneschal, (THL Juliane de Vivonne & Nikoslav Mikolaevich)
- The first this is the field
- The autocrat for Crown asked me (the Trumpet Herald), to use the eric for Crown. I will take it there and bring it back.
- Motion carried.
- I used to work for Emory. At that time, I was getting my Master’s. When I left, they couldn’t get me the discount. I’m going to be stepping down so I can continue my education. Nick will be stepping up. Once I stop the recording, Nick will take over.
- Someone will have to figure out the zoom situation
- Nick needs to be added to the Baronial FB as an admin and I need to be removed.
- We will get together soon to pass on the keys.
Their Excellencies, (Master Wistric Oftun & Mistress Sunneva de Cleia)
- It’s good to see you all.
- As we get closer to the magic phase 1 in the next upcoming months, we are looking forward to seeing people in person.
- What that means for us as a barony is actually planning for events.
- Please put in bids!
- I’m going to make a questionnaire (voluntary!).
- What do we want to keep from virtual SCA?
- What don’t we want to keep?
- I want to thank Juliane for her service.
The business meeting was closed @ 2006.
The next business meeting will be held on 02 June 2021, 1930, Zoom Meeting.