South Downs Baronial Business Meeting
04 August 2021, Time: 1931
Notes submitted by Signora Aelia Bassina, South Downs Chronicler.
Lady Bú Feiyan called the August meeting to order. Our Seneschal, Master Nikoslav Mikolaevich , greeted the populace joining the Zoom meeting. Nikoslav read the Kingdom Anti-Bullying statement.
Seneschal, (Master Nikoslav Mikolaevich)
- The board is removing a good portion of the restrictions as of August 1st.
- The kingdom restrictions should be out in the next few days. This is what we will be doing for the foreseeable future.
- We have one Castle Wars bid. The financial committee has approved it. I will post a link to the bid.
- Motion approved.
Herald (Lady Bú Feiyan)
- My quarterly report will be sent this week.
- If anyone has done any heraldry things or taught classes, I would love to include these.
- If you have any classes you would like to see taught, please let me know.
Knight Marshal (Lady Mairghread Wilson)
- Official Heavy Fighting Practices are up & running 12-3 pm at Liane Levetan Park
- We will continue operating under Phase 1 guidelines until further notice from Kingdom
- Reopening guidelines for Phase 1:
- All Kingdom Guidelines will be adhered to include masks worn for non-vaccinated folks
- Heavy & Rapier are able to practice on the same day/time, but at opposite ends of the greenspace to limit exposure and count our numbers separately toward the 20 allowable.
- If we have under 20 combined, will we practice together (numbers include all spectators as well)
- Heavy & Rapier have been combined onto a pre-registration sign up through Sign Up Genius to help facilitate the limited attendance (link posted to South Downs & Atlanta SCA Fighting Facebook pages as well as the Baronial website for those not on Facebook).
- Both fighters and spectators need to sign up in advance.
- Pre-reg collects info needed for Kingdom Rosters (mundane name, contact info, blue card info/waiver on site) which have to be submitted w/in 7 days of activity
- “Walk-ins” will be allowed until capacity is reached.
- Walk-ins must fill out their info on a paper roster.
- If not signed up in advance you run the risk of being asked to leave.
- It is much easier to sign up in advance rather than have to do all that while you are trying to put on armor.
- If you do not have a blue card, cannot remember your blue card info, or your membership is expired; you will be signing a waiver
- You must have all your own kit. Loaner gear will not be available for heavy fighting until a later Phase of reopening.
- We will provide a water cooler; however, you must provide your own cup/drinking vessel
- Red Tower
- Double elimination (single bout; finals best two out of 3) Red Tower Tournament
- Possibly Baronial prize fights? (Format TBD by their Excellencies)
- Possibly Diamond Tourney (Single or double elimination depending on time/participants)?
- NO PRACTICE THAT SUNDAY 19 Sept 2021
Rapier Marshal (Captain Brendan de Hay)
- See above.
Live Weapons (Mistress Mara Palmer)
- Nothing to report.
- The Red tower site deposit has been returned and deposited.
Quartermaster (Master Ximon Martillo de Cordoba)
- This upcoming Saturday is Meridies homecoming hangout.. starting at 7:30. I’ll be holding a room for fighters. Come join if you are interested.
- We are doing Baronial inventory/straightening up this Saturday. Starting at 8:30 if anyone is interested in toting barges and lifting bales as well as straightening items in boxes.
Chatelaine (Lord Nikon Dawidowicz & Cellach ingen Oengusa)
- Not a lot of new people expressing interest.
- Mairghread: There has been a new guy at practice.
Demo Deputy (Lady Bú Feiyan)
- Our demo on Aug 1st was a success. Westside Pop-up Market seems like a good place to have a stall every few months.
- Next demo is Aug 7th on the Eastside.
- Please see the Facebook event for details.
Arts & Sciences (THL Alisandre de la Chapelle)
- We have Arts and we have Sciences.
- If anyone did any Arts and/or Sciences please put them in our A&S tracking sheet. It would be lovely to have a big list to pass on to the Kingdom.
Provost (Daegam Soong Myeong-Su)
- Class this month is Daoist Internal Alchemy with Bu Feiyan! As always, if anyone is interested in teaching a class for the Barony, they are welcome to host a separate workshop or class on another night if that works best for them. Just message me and we can get you on the schedule!
Chronicler (Signora Aelia Bassina)
- Still looking for a deputy. Please let me know if anyone is interested.
- Thank you to everyone who sent me their reports. It is very much appreciated!
Social Media Minister (Lady Isabella Parr)
- Made the Red Tower event page.
- We got new followers on Instagram, Twitter, and our baronial Facebook page.
- Engagement on our page is up by 17% for the month.
- We have gained a few new members to our baronial group as well.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer (DEI), (Vidushi Mewadi Margavati Bai & Lily of South Downs)
- We had a class on deaf accessibility last month, that was great (but the recording hasn’t been posted yet).
- This month we’ll be doing a DEI update session, so I can share all the stuff that’s new since we started this office in 2020.
Webminister (Lady Zhelana Vovkivna & HE Piers Simmons)
- Created the Red Tower Website
- Created the Castle Wars Website just waiting for content.
- Created the MidWinter Website just waiting for content.
- Added the board of directors announcement concerning reopening On July 3rd
- Added the south downs fighter practice post from our knight marshal.
- Added message from the Kingdom Seneschal about September 1st
- Added the Bod post about the August 1st suspension of in-person.
- Updated all of our plugins.
- Updated Website to wordpress 5.8
Minister of Children (Lady Una Ulfrdottir)
- Nothing to report
Their Excellencies, (Master Wistric Oftun & Mistress Sunneva de Cleia)
- We are super excited to have Red Tower coming. Super Excited to hang out in a field with our friends.
- We get to have a court, so if you know of anyone that deserves recognition, please let us know. We could use them for Castle Wars as well.
- The baronal day shade is in a bin that is falling apart. It’s going to cost $50 + tax. Because of the cost, it’s not something for the financial committee.
- Midwinter is 6 months out. Please get bids in for that. Make art for it.
- Can’t wait to see you all!
- Lily: With the variant and there is new CDC guidance, does that change the policy for events coming up, specifically mask requirements?
- Nikoslav: A lot of that will be addressed in the kingdom guidance coming out soon.
- Piers: As everyone knows, I am the deputy Webminister. The Webminister will be coming back, but she has asked for time. If you need anything, please reach out to her and she will let me know.
- Nikoslav: Thank you for the work you’ve done so far.
The business meeting was closed @ 2031.
The next business meeting will be held on 01 September 2021, 1930, Zoom Meeting.